Online Inclusion Leadership Training Program
As life has changed dramatically in the last few weeks, many organizations are still scrambling to find some semblance of normalcy. At a time of global survival, the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion in many workforces are unfortunately taking a back seat. However, the research shows that people in marginalized communities are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19, and we need to consider our practices of inclusion and belonging even more so right now. This call for action is plainly expressed in this week’s Forbes article: Now Is Not The Time To Put Diversity And Inclusion On The Back Burner.
When news of the virus began to surface, after pausing to take a breath, I asked what most of us asked: “How can I be of service?” I am not on the front lines, but I have the capacity to reach out and support others during this time in other ways. In addition to weekly guided meditations on Zoom which are open to anyone who needs or wants to connect, I am offering a new comprehensive inclusive leadership training program that is delivered 100% online. Into this new program offering, I have poured my more than 20 years of experience in providing DEI leadership training at the university and to organizations, campuses, and corporations around the U.S. including NASA, the Air Force Academy, and LinkedIn. I hope you will find it useful in your organization.
Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training Program
Benefits of this Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program:
- All Online: the entire DEI program is offered online
- Use this workforce disruption time to focus on learning how to build DEI in your organization
- All content created by Dr. Dena Samuels, an award-winning tenured faculty member, now full-time consultant, with over 20 years of experience
- Created for public and private organizations that want to be leaders in DEI
- Hands-on skill-building activities
- Report-tracking to ensure completion
- Certificate of Completion provided
- Uplevel your DEI programming and exceed your strategic goals!
Outcomes of solution-focused training sessions:
- Provides specific, applicable strategies for understanding and recognizing bias at both the personal and organizational levels; and how to effectively intervene
- Teaches how to respond to challenging situations rather than react to them
- Uplevels communication skills to lower bias, increase connection, and build stronger relationships, especially across social differences
- Provides techniques for increasing cultural inclusion and belonging in your organization, which fosters a feeling of safety, leading to increased creativity and innovation
Specifically, these strategies help organization members:
- reduce stress
- increase their sense of belonging, trust and safety
- increase their ability to remain calm under pressure
- increase their resiliency and creativity
Which leads to:
- increased health/wellness
- fewer sick days for a healthier bottom line
- better, more inclusive decisions
- innovative solutions
- more effective leadership
Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training Program Includes:
- Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training
- Optional Virtual Reality Simulations to Practice Learned Skills
- Optional Book Club with the Author
Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training Series
- Pick and choose which trainings will work best for your organization, or choose them all for a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion program
Includes a choice of delivery formats:
- (a) all 8 sessions scheduled for live digital classroom via Zoom,
- (b) 6 of the 8 sessions are available as pre-recorded trainings for a self-paced format, or
- (c) a combination of (a) & (b)
- Available for entire workforce
- Certificate of Completion provided after finishing all chosen sessions
Virtual Reality Simulation Practice
Virtual Reality (VR) simulations take Leadership Development Training to the next level! Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) skill-building trainings can be greatly enhanced with direct practice. Gaining hands-on experience increases the likelihood that participants will be willing, able, and confident to repeat the skills they have learned in their DSC trainings. DSC partners with a global organization that specializes in VR live-action simulations that allow organization members the opportunity to get hands-on real-time practice of what they have learned from our training. Practicing skills with avatars has the added benefit of no harm done to real people while participants are still learning to implement their newly acquired skills. VR is the next frontier in DEI training.
Many organizations are using my books to create communities of practice among employees to discuss and engage deeply in DEI concepts and practices. The Culturally Inclusive Educator: Preparing for a Multicultural World and The Mindfulness Effect: an unexpected path to healing, connection, & social justice are often used as an all-staff or all-organization read. (There is also an optional journal and practice planner that accompanies the book). Add two virtual book club discussions/Lunch & Learn Q&A sessions with me per book which can take place during and after your organization reads each book.
Easy pricing can be quoted in minutes! Check out this latest offering on our newly improved DSC website!