What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is present moment awareness: an ancient eastern practice that encourages us to pay attention to this current moment rather than focusing on an individual’s past or future. Mindfulness has positive implications for health/wellness, self-empowerment, lowering implicit bias, culturally inclusive leadership, and social & environmental justice.
Businesses are incorporating Mindful Leadership training into their strategic plans and professional development.
Mindfulness helps employees:
- reduce stress by focusing on the present moment;
- remain calm under pressure so they can respond rather than react;
- stay healthy by increasing their resilience after a stressful situation
Studies show, benefits of Mindfulness include:
- increased health, wellness, and morale of employees;
- fewer sick days (saving organizations and corporations millions each year);
- better, more thoughtful decisions;
- more effective leadership