We already know that Mindfulness, the ancient practice of being aware of the present moment, is a powerful tool for health/wellness and stress-reduction. More recent research shows that Mindfulness practices can also reduce our implicit/unconscious biases. With over 20 years of experience as an award-winning educator focusing on culturally inclusive leadership development, I have begun to incorporate mindfulness into my keynotes, workshops, andtrainings. I am thrilled to offer this newest online series that combines self-paced and virtual classroom-style options. See which options work best for you to make your organization one in which every member feels like they belong and are valued!
Key Features of this Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program
- All Online: the entire DEI program is offered virtually
- Use this time to focus on learning how to build DEI in your organization
- All content created by Dr. Dena Samuels, an award-winning tenured faculty member, now full-time consultant, with over 20 years of experience
- Created for public and private organizations that want to be leaders in DEI
- Hands-on skill-building activities
- Report-tracking to ensure completion
- Certificate of Completion provided
- Uplevel your DEI programming and exceed your strategic goals!
Outcomes of Solution-Focused Training Sessions
- Provides specific, applicable strategies for understanding and recognizing bias at both the personal and organizational levels; and how to effectively intervene
- Teaches how to respond to challenging situations rather than react to them
- Uplevels communication skills to lower bias, increase connection, and build stronger relationships, especially across social differences
- Provides techniques for increasing cultural inclusion and belonging in your organization, which fosters a feeling of safety, leading to increased creativity and innovation
Transformation for your Leaders
Mindful Inclusive Leadership Development Training helps organization members:
Which leads to:
- reduce stress
- increase their sense of belonging, trust and safety
- increase their ability to remain calm under pressure
- increase their resiliency and creativity
- increased health/wellness
- fewer sick days for a healthier bottom line
- better, more inclusive decisions
- innovative solutions
- more effective leadership
Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training Program Includes:
- Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training Series
– Delivered online and includes a Certificate of Completion
- Optional Virtual Reality Practice Simulations
- Optional Book Club with the Author
CALL for special discount pricing for booking all 3 for a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion program
1. Online Mindful Inclusive Leadership Training Series
- Includes a choice of delivery format: (a) all 8 sessions scheduled for live online classroom via Zoom, (b) 6 of the 8 sessions are available as pre-recorded trainings for a self-paced format, or (c) a combination of (a) & (b)
- Available for entire workforce
- Certificate of Completion provided after finishing all chosen sessions
- Pick and choose which sessions will work best for your organization, or choose them ALL for a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion program
Training Series Session Descriptions
Click on any title below to view the full description
2. Virtual Reality Simulation Practice
Virtual Reality (VR) simulations take Leadership Development Training to the next level! Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) skill-building trainings can be greatly enhanced with direct practice. Gaining hands-on experience increases the likelihood that participants will be willing, able, and confident to repeat the skills they have learned in their DSC trainings. DSC partners with Mursion, a global organization that specializes in VR live-action simulations that allow organization members the opportunity to get hands-on real-time practice of what they have learned from our training. Practicing skills with avatars has the added benefit of no harm done to real people while participants are still learning to implement their newly acquired skills. VR is the next frontier in DEI training.
3. Book Club
Many organizations are using my books to create communities of practice among employees to discuss and engage deeply in DEI concepts and practices. The Culturally Inclusive Educator: Preparing for a Multicultural World and The Mindfulness Effect: an unexpected path to healing, connection, & social justice are often used as an all-staff or all-organization read. (There is also an optional journal and practice planner that accompanies the book). Add two virtual book club discussions/Lunch & Learn Q&A sessions with me per book which can take place during and after your organization reads each book.
Dena Samuels, PhD, serves as a mindfulness-based diversity, equity, and inclusion author, speaker, leadership trainer, and consultant. As an award-winning tenured professor, Dr. Samuels taught at the University of Colorado – Colorado Springs for 20 years while consulting nationally and internationally. She now consults full-time on mindful, inclusive leadership development. Her passions include inspiring people to raise their personal and social awareness to live more fulfilling, connected, and meaningful lives; and assisting organizations, campuses, and corporations in building more diverse, equitable, and inclusive cultures.
A Denver-based, client-focused firm, Dena Samuels Consulting provides comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) services from strategic planning to leadership development consulting and training. With over 20 years of experience in both public and private sectors, at DSC, we concentrate on systemic change: assessing and transforming the policies and practices of the organization to build inclusive excellence. What makes our work different than other typical diversity firms is that we give participants the opportunity to reflect on their own attitudes, biases, and behavior in a welcoming, supportive atmosphere providing specific strategies for building culturally inclusive environments where every member feels like they belong. Being part of an inclusive community allows each member to bring their whole selves into their work, creating more robust solutions for problem-solving and innovation. Our goal is to assist you in the development of such a workspace for your organization and to become a world-class leader in this area.
It is recommended to reserve potential dates as soon as possible as our calendar fills quickly. Signed contract or signed invoice plus a nonrefundable $5,000 deposit reserves the training series start date and/or scheduled live digital classroom dates. Remaining payment is due when access to pre-recorded sessions is provided or on first date of live digital classroom, whichever comes first. A 3.5% processing fee will be applied to all credit card payments. Cancelation less than 2 weeks in advance of the training series start date will result in a $1000 penalty fee.